Since I missed last week’s Tasty Tuesday (because I was in FL), I better come up with something really good this week… well, this recipe is very special. My grandmother actually started making this pie when I was a little girl and it’s always been a favorite dessert of mine. (Can’t you just see me eating strawberry pie with cool whip all over my face?!)
Fast forward ten years to when I was in Home Ec. class in high school; we had to participate in the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo, so I decided to make and enter this pie in the competition. Guess what? I won FIRST PLACE!! I was so proud and happy and since that day, this strawberry pie has been known as the Award Winning Pie!
– frozen pie crust
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 1/2 water
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Bake pie crust as directed on box.
2. While the pie crust is baking, bring cornstarch, sugar, water and salt to boil.
3. Remove from heat and add 1 small box of strawberry jello and mix together.
4. Slice strawberries and put in baked pie shell (enough to cover the bottom, or more if you want it chunkier).
5. Add mixture to the pie crust when cooled.
6. Put it in the refrigerator to let the jello set for a few hours.
7. After jello is set, top with cool whip and add strawberries.