This quiche is a winner. It’s filling and savory!! Instead of using regular breakfast sausage, I used turkey sausage and it tasted exactly the same. Also, instead of half-and-half, I substituted it with 4-1/2 teaspoons melted butter plus enough whole milk to equal 1 cup.
– 1 pound small sliced mushrooms
– 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup half-and-half cream
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Crumble the sausage in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook on medium-high heat until the meat and mushrooms are lightly browned and all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain off the grease.
3. Add parsley.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, cheese and salt.
5. Pour egg mixture into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well.
6. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.