As soon as I read the description for this recipe, I knew it was a winner! It’s so freakin’ easy and I love the fact that it can be served hot OR cold. I actually prefer it chilled while Andrew likes it warm.
– 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 pounds zucchini (about 4), cut in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise
– 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
– 3/4 pound plum tomatoes (about 6), seeded and diced
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
– 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh-ground black pepper
– 1 pound bow ties
1. In a large pan, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat. At the same time, cook the bow ties until just done in a large pot of boiling, salted water, about 15 minutes.
3. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl and stir in the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and the pepper.
4. Drain the pasta and toss it with the marinated zucchini and the remaining 1/3 cup oil.