Recipe: Tomato Basil Soup
This is our go-to soup. It’s so delicious and fast. Plus, we always have tons of basil on hand, so this is good to make whenever we want to use it up!
– 4 tomatoes – peeled, seeded and diced
– 4 cups tomato juice
– 14 leaves fresh basil
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1/2 cup butter
– salt and pepper to taste
– Garnish (optional)
1. Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot.
3. Place the pot over medium heat, and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
4. Serve and garnish with croutons.