Recipe: Jalapeño-Roasted Potatoes
I love spicy food, so I’m not exactly sure why I never cook with jalapeños, or why I never thought to put jalapeños on fries before!? Well, there’s no time like the present. Jalapeños are going to be a staple grocery store item and I’ll be putting them in everything.
I just decided that I’m going to make jalapeño poppers soon and recreate my favorite margarita in Houston – Blueberry, Jalapeño & Cilantro margarita from El Big Bad. Stay tuned!
– 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 3 large jalapeños, sliced into 1/4-inch rings and seeded
– Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Place a rimmed nonstick baking sheet in the oven to preheat. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and jalapeños and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet, turning them cut side down.
4. Roast on the upper rack for about 35 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and golden, and serve.