We went to Cancun over Valentine’s weekend and had the best time; it was unlike most trips that we go on! Usually when we travel, we do a lot of sightseeing and there’s no downtime until we go to bed in the evening. This trip we had no plans whatsoever and just lounged around the whole time… we didn’t leave the resort (GR Solaris) once!
Our day basically went like this:
- 8:00 am – Woke up
- 8:15 am – Ate breakfast at one of the restaurants
- 9:00 am – Ordered a cocktail (usually something that was mixed with Kahlua to get my coffee fix.)
- 9:05 am – Went to the beach!! Listening to the waves and reading is one of my favorite things. It’s so peaceful!!! While we were there, I read Three Weeks with my Brother (book recommendation from my Mom and Aunt). It was really good!
- 12:30 pm – Ate lunch at one of the restaurants
- 1:00 pm – Went to the pool!! The swim up bar was really awesome! 🙂
- 4:30 pm – Ate some more. They had this quick service restaurant outside that had everything to munch on: pizza, chips/guacamole, burgers, fries, chicken nuggets and much more!
- 5:30 pm – Sun was setting around this time, so we would head inside for the evening. But first, we would go to the lobby bar to grab a few more cocktails.
- Until 8:30 pm – Stay in our room. We had an awesome balcony with a jacuzzi, so I would sit in it for a while, then shower/get ready for the night.
- 9:00 pm – Eat dinner at one of the restaurants. We really weren’t even hungry, but had nothing else to do!
- 9:30 pm – Ordered a few cocktails at the lobby bar
- 10:30 – Went to bed
It was such a perfect weekend and I can’t wait until we do another all-inclusive beach vacay!