Recipe: Honey-Glazed Corn Bread
Perfect comfort food for a cold, rainy day!
Adding honey and frozen corn to the bread made it so sweet!!! I could’ve eaten the whole pan.
– ½ cup all-purpose flour
– ½ cup cornmeal
– ¼ cup sugar
– 1½ teaspoons baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
– 4 tablespoons honey, divided
– 1 egg
– ½ cup buttermilk
– ½ cup fresh sweet corn kernels, uncooked (or substitute canned or frozen, if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-9-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt to combine.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add 4 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons honey, the egg and buttermilk. Mix all the ingredients to combine.
4. Gently fold in the corn kernels. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the corn bread for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. While the corn bread is baking, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter with the 2 tablespoons honey. As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, use a pastry brush to glaze the finished corn bread with the honey butter. Cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.