I found this recipe and it’s perfect for Meatless Mondays! It’s so quick and easy to make. I also think it’s healthier since it has spinach in it and because you’re not using a thick sauce.
– 8 oz uncooked pasta
– 1 tablespoon butter (The original recipe calls for three, but one tablespoon was plenty)
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 5-6 cups packed baby spinach
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside.
2. Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the pasta and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted. If the pasta starts to dry out, add in some of the reserved pasta water. We usually add about 1/3 cup. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
3. Pour pasta into a large bowl. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.