Recipe: BLT Re-Invented
Fried eggs make everything better! The end.
– 2 slices of your favorite bread
– 2 slices of bacon (or more to taste)
– 2 leaves of lettuce
– 1/2 small tomato (any kind will do)
– 1 egg
– 1-2 springs of green onion*
– 2 tablespoons cream cheese*
– 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying egg and bacon)
– avocado (optional)
* We used Chive and Onion cream cheese and it tasted great!
1. Toast bread.
2. Prepare the bacon according to directions on package. Set aside once done.
3. To fry egg: heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Crack egg. Let cook for about a minute. Flip once the whites have set and edges began to crisp and brown. If you prefer a runny yolk, let egg fry for another minute then remove from heat and set aside. If you like a dry yolk, cook for two more minutes.