Recipe: Chipotle Cheese Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos
Last week I made a dish with chipotles, so I made this to use the rest of them! This was really good and would be great for parties because it makes SO much. I made 12 taquitos and still have about have of the mixture left!
– 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
– 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
– 8 ounces cream cheese (the original recipe calls for 16 oz)
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, diced small
– 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
– 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
– 8-12 6-inch tortilla rounds, flour or corn
– sour cream, salsa, pico, avocado, and red onion (for topping/dipping)
1. To your slow cooker, add the chicken breast, chicken broth, cream cheese, sour cream, chipotles, chipotle chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
2. Once the chicken has cooked, give it a good stir and shred the chicken with two forks. Keep the slow cooker set on warm or low.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat or spray with a non-stick spray.
4. Prepare your tortillas by layering on a couple of tablespoons of shredded chicken and then topping with a tablespoon or two of grated cheese. Roll the tortillas up firmly and place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Finish this step for the rest of the tortillas.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just beginning to brown and the cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven and serve immediately with desired toppings.