Recipe: Broccoli Quesadillas
Remember the time I made Cheeseburger Quesadillas?! Well, I used the same site to get this recipe. The broccoli quesadillas are really good and it reminds me of broccoli hot pockets, minus the chicken. (I should add chicken next time!)
– 1 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped, room temperature
– 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
– 1/4 cup corn kernels
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
2. To cook broccoli, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add one teaspoon of salt. Add the broccoli florets and cook until crisp-tender for about 2 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl with ice water. Drain and chop the broccoli.
3. Combine broccoli with cheese, corn and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper. Divide mixture in four, for each tortilla. Add the mixture on one half of the tortillas, and fold it with the other half.
4. On a large baking sheet, place the tortillas on top. Brush the top with vegetable or canola oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tortilla shell becomes nice and crisp and the cheese is bubbly. Let sit for about 5 minutes to let cool down.