I love using my Paderno, so I use it any chance I get. And since I have an obsession with sweet potatoes, and Mexican food, I figured I would try this recipe. It was really good, especially if you top it with sour cream! Yum!
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or 12 oz shredded cooked chicken)
-2 sweet potatoes 12 oz total, spiralized and cut into 6-inch lengths
-4 medium vine tomatoes
– 2 adobo peppers
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1 onion (quartered)
– 4 garlic cloves
– 1/2 tsp cumin powder
– 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
– 1/8 tsp black pepper
– 1 cup frozen corn
– 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
– 5 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded chopped scallions for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the spiralized sweet potatoes with the smallest noodle blade and place them in a 9 x 13 oval casserole dish.
2. If you’re cooking the chicken, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot and add chicken breast, cook 10 minutes. Remove from water, set aside to cool and shred the chicken. Place in a large bowl.
3. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the garlic and onion, saute until browned. Add tomatoes and adobo peppers and cook until soft.
4. Transfer to the blender with the sauce along with cumin, salt, and pepper and blend well.
5. Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the shredded chicken, black beans and corn. Mix to combine, then pour over the spiralized sweet potatoes, making sure the sauce mixes well and gets in between the spirals.
6. Top with cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
7. When ready to serve top with scallions and serve.