Recipe: Spinach Mashed Potatoes
If you need an easy dish to bring with you to Thanksgiving… you should make this! The spinach is a really good addition to plain taters.
– 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
– 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
– 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
– 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and place in a bowl; mash.
2. Add the sour cream, butter, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and dill; mix well. Stir in spinach.
3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or cheese is melted.