My husband smoked a brisket this past weekend and I made BBQ Brisket Enchiladas with some of the meat. (We’ve previously had the enchiladas with chicken and that was equally good!)
Ingredients for Sauce
– 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1 1/2 cups water
– 1/3 cup chili powder & cayenne powder mixed
– 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions for Sauce
1.Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Add 1/4 of the sauce to the shredded brisket and mix. Set aside the rest of the sauce to use on top of the enchiladas.
Ingredients for Brisket Enchiladas
– shredded smoked brisket
– 8 tortillas
– 2 cups shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend)
– enchilada sauce
– sour cream
Directions for Brisket Enchiladas
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place the shredded brisket with sauce into a tortilla and add cheese. Roll and set into greased baking dish. Repeat.
3. Ladle the rest of the sauce on the top of the stuffed tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Add sour cream and serve!