HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The first recipe of 2016 is one of my favorites. Potato skins take a little longer to make than regular loaded potatoes, but I think it’s worth it because you don’ t have to use a fork! Finger foods FTW!
– 8 whole Russet Potatoes
– 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
– 2 Tablespoons Butter
– Salt To Taste
– 1 1/2 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
– 8 slices bacon, Chopped
– 2 whole Green Onions, Chopped
– 1/2 cup Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Scrub potatoes clean and allow them to dry. Rub the skin of the potatoes with 2 tablespoons canola oil.
3. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until skin is crisp and potatoes are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the pan and allow to cool until you can handle the potatoes.
4. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and cook longer if needed.
5. Scoop out the insides and place in a bowl, leaving a little bit of potato in the skins.
6. Mix together the insides of the potato, cheese, butter, bacon, sour cream and salt.
7. Scoop the mixture back into the skins.
8. Return the stuffed potatoes to the oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
9. Remove from oven. Serve immediately with sour cream and green onions.