A fun fact about me is that I prefer hot sandwiches to cold ones; I’m a sucker for anything that has “melt” in the name. For this recipe, I used oregano and lemon juice, which I never do, and it gave it a really good flavor! I’m going to start using that all the time now.
– 10 oz solid white tuna packed in water
– 1/3 cup mayo
– 1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 4 slices of bread
– 4 slices of cheese (swiss, provolone)
– 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices (optional)
1. Heat broiler and place rack at the highest position.
2. Combine tuna, mayo, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic in a bowl and stir until combined.
3. Place bread on a baking sheet and add 1/4 of tuna mixture to each slice of bread.
4. Top tuna with 1 slice of cheese (and 2 tomato slices).
5. Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
FYI: It’s Groundhog Day! Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow so we’re going to have an early Spring!! WOOHOO.