Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays and I wanted to make Robb’s Valentine’s extra special this year since it’s our 1st Vday as Mr. & Mrs.! I decided that I would countdown Valentine’s day with having a little surprise for him every day. Even if it was a note to remind him how much I love him!
Pistachio Cake Pops
– Box of cake mix and required ingredients
– 2 boxes of Pistachio pudding mix
– Wilton candy melts
– cake pop sticks
1. Make and bake cake according to box adding the Pistachio pudding mix.
2. Let cake cool completely. Once cake is completely cool, cut into 4th’s. A 4th of the cake makes about 6 cake pops.
3. Put the amount of cake pops desired into a bowl. With hands crumble the cake until it is crumbs. Add icing to crumbs to form a dough.
4. Roll dough into balls and place on a pan covered with waxed paper. Chill for several hours. ( I left mine over night)
5. When chilled, melt Wilton candy melt (place several Wilton candy melts into a microwavable measuring cup. Every 30 seconds mix melted candy. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.)
6. When completely melted insert the cake pop stick into the melted candy. Stick the melted part of the cake pop stick into the cake dough.
7. Let cake pops chill again for about 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Shell Pistachios and place pistachios in food processor for garnishing your cake pops.
9. When cake pops are completely chilled, melt Wilton Candy Melts again (same process as before) and dip cake pop into icing. If icing is to thick and leaving bubbles you can add a little vegetable oil to icing. After icing is added sprinkle you pistachios on top.
10. Chill cake pops for a few hours and ENJOY!!