This is such a springtime recipe! It’s very light and citrusy (which is so refreshing) and it’s so easy to make. I’ll be repeating this recipe a lot over the next few months!
– 4 cups vegetable broth or water
– 1 1/2 cups orzo
– 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
– 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
– 1 cup chopped tomatoes
– 1 cup feta cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the Lemon Basil Dressing
– 3/4 cup basil leaves, packed
– 2 cloves garlic, smashed
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Stir in the orzo. Cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
3. Drain the orzo through a strainer and rinse with cold water. Transfer the orzo to a large bowl.
4. Add the chickpeas, artichokes, tomatoes, and feta cheese to the orzo. Stir until combined.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over orzo salad and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or chilled.
Directions for the Lemon Basil Dressing
1. In a food processor, blend the basil, garlic, salt, and lemon juice until smooth.
2. Slowly add the oil and blend until combined.