We always keep a pound of shrimp in the freezer because it’s so fast and easy to cook! I love the kick the horseradish sauce adds to the shrimp rolls, just be careful not to overdue it. I initially used three teaspoons and it was SO SPICY. I ended up having to add more mayo and lemon to balance out the taste, so start off with 1 tsp of horseradish and add more as needed.
– 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
– 1/4 c. mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
– 2 tsp. horseradish (add more for spice)
– 1 tsp. paprika
– rolls or hot dog buns, toasted
– green onions, for garnish
1. Boil shrimp in salted boiling water until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Drain and transfer to a cutting board to cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix together celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish and paprika, then season with salt.
4. Chop shrimp and add to mayo mixture.
5. Spoon shrimp mixture into toasted buns and garnish with green onions.