Cobbler is one of the easiest desserts to make, but tastes like you spent a lot of time on it! The warmness of the cobbler mixed with cold ice cream is a perfect bite.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– Pinch of salt
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
– 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until mixture forms a smooth batter.
3. Gently stir in melted butter.
4. Spread batter evenly in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (it will be a very thin layer) and scatter pineapple chunks evenly over batter.
5. Bake until pineapple has fallen to the bottom of the pan and top is puffed and golden brown and springs back slightly when touched in middle, 25 minutes.
6. Cool cobbler slightly and then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.