Last weekend, Holly and I wanted something sweet and we wanted it fast! I opened up the pantry and found a Red Velvet cake mix in a box. Even though I didn’t make the cake homemade (this time), I did have all the ingredients to make homemade Cream Cheese Icing. It was really really good!! I wish I had a piece right now.
– 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, at room temperature
– 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
– 3 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter.
2. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Frost when the cake is completely cool.