I love pineapple upside down cake and so does my whole family. When my mom came into town I always like to have a nice dessert. I was short on time and this is the perfect go to dessert. Super easy and so YUMMY!
– 1/4 cup butter
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 1 20 oz. can pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
– 1 6 oz. jar of maraschino cherries, without stems, drained
– 1 box yellow cake mix
– vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees for dark non-stick pan.
2. In 13×9 inch pan, melt butter in oven.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on melted butter. Place pineapple slices on top of brown sugar and add a cherry in the middle of pineapple slices.
4. Add enough pineapple juice to measure to 1 cup.
5. Make cake batter according to box, substitute pineapple juice for water.
6.Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
7. Bake 44-53 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
8. When finished place on heat proof serving plate upside down ( I used a large cutting board). Turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake for 5 minutes so brown sugar will drizzle over the cake.
9. Remove pan. Cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator.