I got this recipe from Fantastic Em! It is amazing and surprisingly easy to make! I wasn’t sure what to serve with it, so I went with Spinach Parmesan cakes. They’re also a winner!
Bacon Wrapped Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast
– 2 chicken breasts
– 4 strips of bacon
– 1 cup of ricotta cheese
– Garlic powder
– Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Flatten out chicken breast by using the flat side of a meat mallet.
3. Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
4. Spread an equal amount of ricotta cheese on each chicken breast.
5. Add in a pinch of chopped parsley and roll up the chicken.
6. Wrap each one with two slices of bacon and add a dash of rosemary on top.
7. Bake for about 45 minutes, broiling the last 3-4 to crisp up the bacon.
Spinach Parmesan Cakes
– 12 ounces spinach (I used frozen!)
– 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese
– 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
– 2 large eggs, beaten
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped, then transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
4. Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).
5. Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes.
6. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.