You’ve heard of people roasting pumpkin seeds in the fall… but what about roasting cantaloupe seeds in the summer?!? Well, I tried it and it was great! I will be doing this to all the cantaloupes I buy – honeydew melons too!
– 1 melon
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds.
2. In a small mesh colander, wash the seeds to remove any extra netting left behind. Return seeds to the small bowl.
3. Add olive oil and salt and mix to combine.
4. On a foil lined cookie sheet, spread out the seeds in a single layer.
5. Roast for 10 minutes (checking every 3-5 minutes) until they are golden brown at 425F. If your seeds pop like popcorn, avoid this by covering with another piece of aluminum foil.