Yesterday was Holly’s 30th birthday! To celebrate her big day, I baked a Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake – it was delicious!!!
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 3 cups sugar
– 6 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 & 1/4 cups cake flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease or spray a 10-inch Bundt pan.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
4. Mix in vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and cocoa.
6. Add about half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat well. Add remaining flour mixture and beat well for about 2 minutes.
7. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.