Our basil has been growing out of control this year, so I’ve been using it a lot when I cook. This is such a yummy summertime recipe! My hubs and I actually prefer to eat it cold versus warm! I mean, it’s good either way, so you decide! 🙂
– 10 ounces medium-sized dry pasta shells
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 cups corn kernels
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves, divided
– 1/2 cup freshly crumbled feta cheese, divided
– red pepper flakes
– salt, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta; set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the corn and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
4. Add the reserved pasta water, pasta shells, cream, and half of the basil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in half of the feta and mix until creamy and the shells are coated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
6. Remove from the heat and season with salt.
7. Top with remaining feta, basil, and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.