These nachos are a great alternative to nachos made with chips. You’re saving almost 500 calories!!
21 day fix approved: 2G, 1R, 1/2B
– 1/2 medium onion chopped
– 1 lb lean ground turkey
– package taco seasoning mix (or mix your own)
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch wide slices
– 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
– 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, sliced (optional)
– 1/2 cup pico de gallo (or fresh tomato salsa)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Add onion to saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
4. Add taco seasoning blend and mix well.
5. Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish; top with turkey mixture and cheese.
6. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
7. Divide pepper mixture evenly between four serving plates.
8. Top with jalapeños and pico de gallo; serve immediately.