Over Labor Day weekend my hubby and I took a trip to my hometown, Waco, TX., to spend the weekend with my parents. We did so many fun things…more on that later. One thing we had to make was homemade Peach Ice Cream! I finally got the recipe from my mom! I can’t wait to have everyone over at our house for an ice cream party! It’s such an easy recipe! Easier than I imagined and makes plenty of ice cream!
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
– 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
– 2 cups white sugar
– 4 eggs
– whole milk
– 1 1/2 cups peaches
1. With an electric mixer, cream eggs and sugar.
2. Add evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Pour into an electric ice cream churn.
4. Add peaches.
5. Add whole milk to fill line.
6. Insert dasher.
7. Pack cooler 1/3 full with ice and add a layer of rock salt.
8. Repeat layering with ice and salt until full.
9. When machine starts to shut off, remove the dasher and drain water.
10. Fill with more ice and salt.
11. Cover with a towel and let harden.