Today is Johnny Appleseed Day! To honor the American pioneer who is known for introducing apple trees to the American Midwest, I made Apple Chips.
These are a great snack! They’re super easy to make (just need to have a couple of hours for them to bake) and they’ll make your house smell like fall.
21 day fix approved: 1 apple = 1P
– 2 medium red apples
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Slice each apple really thin and place in a bowl.
3. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and toss to blend.
4. Place apples on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 45 minutes and turn.
6. Bake for an additional 45 minutes and turn.
7. Bake another 30 minutes, or until apples have dried and are crispy.