Today is National Dessert Day!
Holly’s fav – Sugar Cookie Strawberry Crumble
– 1 sugar cookie mix
– 1/2 cup, melted butter
– 1 egg
– 21 oz. can of strawberry (or cherry) pie filling
1. In medium size bowl make sugar cookie mix according to box. Mix until dough forms.
2. In another bowl, remove 3/4 cup of the dough.
3. In a 9×9 greased baking dish, press the remaining dough into the dish.
4. Spread your pie filling onto the sugar cookie dough.
5. Break apart the remaining 3/4 cup of dough and sprinkle on top of pie filling.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Heather’s fav – (Award Winning) Strawberry Pie
– frozen pie crust
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 1/2 water
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Bake pie crust as directed on box.
2. While the pie crust is baking, bring cornstarch, sugar, water and salt to boil.
3. Remove from heat and add 1 small box of strawberry jello and mix together.
4. Slice strawberries and put in baked pie shell (enough to cover the bottom, or more if you want it chunkier).
5. Add mixture to the pie crust when cooled.
6. Put it in the refrigerator to let the jello set for a few hours.
7. After jello is set, top with cool whip and add strawberries.