I wanted a lamp for my desk. I looked and looked and nothing seemed to fit what I was looking for. I recently had to stop at Walmart for a few things and of course got suckered in by the clearance isle. Good thing I went. I found this amazing burlap lace on sale for $3.00. I knew it was a steal. I had this amazing idea…why not repurpose a lamp I had from college that has been put away in storage.
– lamp shade
– hot glue gun
– hot glue sticks
1. Measure and cut how much fabric you will need to wrap around the lamp shade.
2. I started to hot glue at the top and in the back first. I picked one side to start glueing until I ended at my starting place.
3. I glued little sections at a time by tucking in the material to the inside of the lamp shade and put a clothespin to hold it in place to make sure the glue was going to stay.
4. I glued straight down the middle in the back until I got to the bottom of the lamp shade.
5. I did the bottom the exact same way. It took me no more than 30 minutes before I had a brand new lamp.