I love eating soup whenever the weather starts getting a little cooler. This soup is creamy and cheesy goodness!
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1 onion, chopped
– 16 oz frozen chopped broccoli
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 lb loaf processed cheese food, cubed
– 2 cups milk (I used almond milk!)
– 1 tbsp garlic powder
– 2/3 cup cornstarch
– cheddar cheese
1. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened.
2. Add chicken broth and stir in broccoli. Simmer until broccoli is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted.
4. Mix in milk and garlic powder.
5. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved. Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thick.
6. Garnish with cheddar cheese and serve.