This is a Hillshire Farm recipe. I love their sausage and this is such an easy meal since the sausage is already pre-cooked.
– 1 package Hillshire Farm smoked sausage, sliced thin
– 2 cloves crushed garlic
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 large red bell pepper, slicked thin
– 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
– 1 package frozen broccoli, thawed
– 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
– 1/2 cup tomato sauce
– 2 cups instant rice
– 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Heat olive oil and garlic in skillet, stir in smoked sausage slices and cook until browned.
2. Add pepper, onion, broccoli, broth, and tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
3. While waiting, prepare rice according to package instructions.
4. Stir rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve.