It’s National Pizza Day!
– 1 pound Italian sausage
– 1 yellow onion, sliced
– 1½ cups bell peppers, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 cups marinara or pizza sauce
– 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
– 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
– 3 cups mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Over medium-high heat, cook Italian sausage until browned, then remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook onion until translucent, then add bell peppers and garlic.
4. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
5. In a 9×13-inch baking dish, begin to assemble the lasagna by spreading a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Then, layer ingredients in the following order: noodles, sauce, sausage, veggies, mozzarella, noodles,sauce, sausage, veggies, sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, and pepperoni.
6. Bake in over for 45-55 minutes or until bubbling on top and brown edges form.