Today is National Chili Day! Over the weekend, we made chili in the dutch oven while we were camping at Huntsville State Park!
– 3 lbs ground turkey
– 1 1/2 medium onion, chopped
– 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans
– 1 large can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
‑ 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
– 2 boxes chili kit (We use this one!)
– Fritos, cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional)
1. Over a fire, add meat and onions in the dutch oven and cook until meat is brown, stirring occasionally about 20 minutes.
2. Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili kits and mix together. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until you’re ready to eat.
3. Add additional toppings and enjoy!