This is so good and really easy to make even though it looks like a process! After I set the shrimp aside to marinade, I began cooking the noodles. Once the noodles were done, I set them aside and cooked the shrimp in the same pan!
Ingredients for Shrimp
– 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1 tsp garlic, minced
– 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
– 4 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Combine the sauce ingredients (garlic, ginger, honey & soy sauce) and divide it into half.
2. Marinate the shrimp with one half of the sauce for 30 minutes. Discard marinade after use.
3. Over medium high heat in a skillet, pan sear the shrimp in some oil. Sear them on both sides in two batches until browned, about 1 minute per side. Rub the shrimp into the caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan.
4. Serve over noodles and add remaining sauce on top.
Ingredients for Noodles
– 1 lb. linguine noodles
– 3 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp garlic, minced
– 3 tbsp sugar
– 4 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Over medium high heat in skillet, melt the butter, then sauté the garlic.
2. Toss in noodles and stir to mix.
3. Once the noodles get a little soft, add sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and combine. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once they are finished cooking, remove from heat and drizzle in sesame oil, tossing to mix.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds.