Andrew and I celebrated our third anniversary yesterday, January 18th!!
One of the wedding gifts that we received was this juicer and I love it! The juice is so fresh and you can really taste how healthy and natural everything is. Until recently, I never used it that often because I hated how much pulp was wasted. I did some research and found out that you can cook with it (since we don’t have a compost yet). So far, I’ve made veggie broth and these juice pulp crackers!
– 2 cups juice pulp
– 1/2 cup ground flax meal
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 2 tsp dried thyme
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and slowly add water until the mixture is well combined and sticking together. (If your juice pulp is watery, add less water).
3. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture out. You will want this to be as thin and even as possible or your crackers may turn out bready versus crunchy.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until crispy.
5. Remove from oven and cut into 1.5 inch squares.
After – an amazing juice with the leftover pulp!
Wedding Day! #1.18.14
Making a toast with our other “juice” – Jameson 12 Year Old Distillery Reserve. The whiskey can only be bought at the distillery in Dublin, Ireland!